Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pewaukee469  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2021 8:54:53 AM(UTC)
Pewaukee469

Groups: Registered
United States

My fiancé and I bought our house October 2020. We noticed immediately that the ice maker and water dispenser on our Frigidaire DGUS2645LF4 did not work.

Diving deeper into the problem, I discovered the icemaker was no longer physically existent in the freezer. It had been removed. All that remained was the ice collection box, auger, fill tube, and a dangling wire connection.

Things started to make sense after living in the house for a few weeks. The water was incredibly hard. I put one and one together and came to the conclusion that the hard water had likely destroyed the original ice maker and rather than replacing it, the previous owner unplugged and removed it altogether. We had a HE water softener installed two weeks back. The next project on my list was to make the fridge dispense water and make and dispense ice. I ordered an OEM ice maker direct from Frigidaire and got to work installing it.

The ice maker install was fairly simple. The supply line from the basement was replaced as well in order to eliminate any opportunity of issues with the hard water damage. With everything plugged in and ready to roll, we rolled the fridge back into its spot and tried dispensing water. Nothing. Not even air.

After doing some research, I came to the conclusion that perhaps the water intake valve was malfunctioning. It had likely sat with hard water in it for a few years. So I ordered one and replaced it. While the tubes were undone, we also blew compressed air through the tubes to make sure there weren't any clogs. We emptied the entire system of water (and the water looked pretty gnarly). Closed up shop on the back of the fridge and rolled her back. Still nothing. Not even air when you hit the paddle. The good news is the ice maker auger augs and tries to crush when you hit the CUBE and CRUSHED UI option and hit the paddle.

I'm coming to your community for help! I've sunk $250 into this fridge and have nothing to show for it.

Current problems: water does not dispense. Additionally, the thermometer for the freezer starts to climb when the new ice maker is plugged in. I can't determine if it's actually getting warmer inside but I don't take any chances. I just unplug the new ice maker. The ice maker is brand new and the water intake valve is brand new. No water leaks.

PLEASE HELP!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.