Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bdevlin  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 2:18:45 PM(UTC)
bdevlin

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a GE Profile side by side bottom freezer (model PYE22KSKBSS). No issues with the water dispenser. The way I see it, no water is being sent to the ice maker. I tested the inlet valve and both solenoid test at about 400ohms. I fed a piece of weed whacker line up the water dispenser and it went up a couple feet. Did the same from the ice maker section and it went down about a foot. I tried shutting the unit down for 30 minutes, tried a hair dryer, no change. Any ideas?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 13, 2021 9:17:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 5:33:27 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Without a model number its hard to say what is going on. If your water valves are both 120 volt you could maybe switch the other wiring harness from the door side, to the ice maker side. Push the button and see if water comes out in the freezer.
bdevlin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 9:21:35 AM(UTC)
bdevlin

United States

I added the model number. I think I see what you are saying. You mean the harnesses attached to the Dual valve. Switch them and see it the Water dispenser switch sends water to the ice maker. Right?
Are there other valves to check inside the ice-maker/water dispenser door?
bdevlin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:51:02 PM(UTC)
bdevlin

United States

The Dual Water valve has 4 lines attached. The Water "In" is obvious. One of the other three lines goes directly to the freezer which connects to nothing. Another other line goes to the filter and the third line goes to a Y connection where one side enters at the top of the fridge while the other side of the Y is the output of the water filter. I assume, since the ice maker is toward the top of the fridge door that the line that enters at the top of the fridge is for the ice cube maker. Is there another valve inside the fridge for the ice maker?
bdevlin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2021 7:29:06 AM(UTC)
bdevlin

United States

This was diagnosed to have a non functioning heater for the ice maker. So the line feeding water to the ice maker has frozen. They said that heater is inside the door encased in foam. In other words the fix is a entire new door. What is strange to me is that there is only one water line through the top door hinge that supplied the ice maker and water dispenser.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply