Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kaervak  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:35:07 PM(UTC)
Kaervak

Groups: Registered
United States

The above mentioned washer is having an issue with its extra rinse setting. Setting the timer to the regular cycle with extra rinse on, completes the cycle without issue. Setting the timer to the permanent press cycle with extra rinse on is where the problem lies. It will start the extra rinse cycle, fill the tub with water, agitate and then not drain the tub while advancing the timer like normal. At the completion of the permanent press extra rinse cycle the tub will be filled with water. Again, the regular cycle works fine with extra rinse on. Fills, agitates, drains and spins without a single issue. It's only with permanent press extra rinse when it acts up.

I've replaced the timer switch with a new part direct from Maytag after pulling apart the old switch. The old switch had multiple scorched contacts on the inside. Switch replacement has made no difference, the problem still persists. I've also traced continuity from the timer switch to the motor, there is no loss in continuity from start to finish. Years ago, I replaced the motor with a used working pull as the original had failed, scorched winding in the stator. The current used motor is more than likely 15+ years old.

I'm suspecting the motor is failing given its age and that the old timer switch had damaged contacts inside the switch. However, before I order a new motor any other opinions about what may be wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks all.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.