Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dlehnhardt  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 1:24:06 PM(UTC)
dlehnhardt

Groups: Registered

LG model LFX25960ST.
The icemaker is not making ice. I have no error codes on the display. The water dispenser works, so I assume the water valve and supply are OK. I tried resetting the icemaker by pressing and holding the cube size button but it does nothing. The cube size selection button will cycle through the 3 different sizes. The bin full arm is not stuck. No water is inside the icemaker, so either that line is clogged or the icemaker is not calling for water.

A new icemaker assembly is available locally and I can replace it, but does anyone know troubleshooting steps I can take to rule out a bad control board or icemaker cooling fan? Again, no error codes. Could it be anything besides the icemaker?

If I'm getting water through the water dispenser, but no water is going to the icemaker, could it still be the solenoid valve?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.