Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dave_413  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 3:13:07 PM(UTC)
Dave_413

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi,

My washer barely/doesn't agitate and spin, which I've confirmed by triggering the lid switch with the lid open. Preliminary research says that this issue is generally due to the drive belt and/or thrust bearings.

I found that the drive belt was damaged so I replaced it. Unfortunately the problem still persists.

So I then inspected the thrust bearing assembly and to my untrained eye do not see any fault causing defects in the parts. With the thrust bearing reassembled and the drive belt off, I confirmed that by turning the pulley with my hands clockwise that the agitator oscillates and that counterclockwise disengages the brake and spins the basket.

However when I placed on the drive belt and rotate the pulley counterclockwise by pulling on the belt, the brake fails to disengage and the basket does not spin.

Can someone with more insight on these matters provide guidance? I apologize in advance as I am not very mechanically inclined. Thanks.

Edited by user Thursday, January 7, 2021 10:12:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.