Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TurboDiverArt  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 12:21:32 PM(UTC)
TurboDiverArt

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a 20 year old Maytag gas dryer. If I hit the start button it just makes a buzzing sound but won't start the dryer. Seems like either the starter won't deliver enough power to the motor or the motor is shot? I've noticed it for a while as it got more and more difficult to start. At first I was just having to hold the start button in a little longer. Then it progressed to not wanting to start once it's been running for a while. Meaning, it seemed when it was hot it didn't want to restart until it cooled down, just doing that buzzing thing.

The dryer dries just fine, vents are clean, just won't start at all now. I did a load a couple days ago and then when I went to do one today it wouldn't start, just buzzed while holding in the start button. I tried holding it in for a few seconds longer but I think I started to smell an electrical smell (I've since unplugged the dryer). I've tried spinning the drum by hand and it spins easily. Idler wheels, belt and felts are new.

Due to limited space in my laundry room I'd rather repair this one vs. buying a new unit if possible. I have found very few units that fit into my tight laundry room.

Thanks,
Art.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.