Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcharny  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 9:12:46 PM(UTC)
jcharny

Groups: Registered
United States

- A few weeks ago, our Whirlpool WDT710PAYW6 stopped spraying water. Water would fill at the bottom of the machine, but would not spray. I replaced the circulation pump, motor, and sump assembly (pt # 5 on the fiche below, part number WPW10482480). That did the trick and our dishwasher started spraying water again.

- Ran one cycle through it and found water on the floor the next morning. Looked underneath and saw that water was dripping (fairly slowly, but enough to make the machine unusable) from below the drain pump. I figured that in replacing the sump housing, which required removing the drain pump, I had disrupted an already failing seal on the old drain pump.

- I installed a new drain pump (pt # 8 on the fiche below, part number WPW10348269). The result is the exact same problem - same slow drip in the exact same place.

- I'm totally stumped, as I now have new, OEM parts on both mating sides... how could I still have a leak?

- One thing I'm worried about, that I know I messed up, is as follows. The drain pump has a plastic tab that you're supposed to press down, prior to turning counter clockwise to release it. Pushing the tab down allows it to turn past a different tab on the sump body. I believe I sheared off the tab on the sump when installing the new drain pump (i.e. turning it clockwise). This is a small piece of plastic and the new pump fits snugly. While I feel dumb for making the mistake, I can't imagine that little piece of plastic exerts enough force to press the pump further into the sump housing, and is therefore a critical dependency for forming a seal.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, December 15, 2020 9:35:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.