Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
splinke  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 3:08:26 PM(UTC)
splinke

Groups: Registered
United States

My GE GSF25IGXNBB has a cut in the water supply tubing just below the point where it exits the bottom of the freezer door hinge area and makes a 90 degree turn to attach to a coupler (photo below). Although I could find a part number for the much longer water supply tube that runs through the refrigerator and ends at the same coupler, I could not find a part number for this shorter tube.

I have removed the Dispenser Control Board and Dispenser Lever, but the tubing seems to be tightly encased in a white "sleeve" at the dispense point (photo below). I am not sure how best to remove the old tubing and insert a new one without it getting stuck. Will the tubing just slide in and out easily? I found several YouTube videos showing replacement of similar tubing, but none of the models have the "sleeve."

The only other access point might be from inside the freezer, but I am not sure whether it is a good idea to remove the "ice chute," or whether that would even help. It seems glued in there (photo below).

Any help would be appreciated.

Photo of water tubing at base of freezer
Photo of water tubing at base of freezer

Photo of water tubing in "sleeve" at dispenser
Photo of water tubing in "sleeve" at dispenser

Photo of "ice chute" on freezer side of dispenser
Photo of "ice chute" on freezer side of dispenser

Edited by user Monday, December 28, 2020 12:35:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated information

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.