Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jvc  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 5:43:58 PM(UTC)
Jvc

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a GE high-efficiency top load washer. The drain motor went bad and I replaced it After replacing The pump I ran a drain & spin cycle. The machine drained & started to spin. After a few seconds the spin stopped and the end message popped up. I tried the reset opening the lid 6 times with no luck. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Joe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jvc  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 8:32:45 AM(UTC)
Jvc

United States

I wanted to post some more info. Last night after I finished replacing the drain pump I quickly put up this post and looking back I saw that I gave very little info. Here is some more detail.

I have a GE washer model GTW680BSJ3WS. It stopped draining properly. I did find that if I tapped the pump it would run and drain. I was actually able to get the machine to drain a load and spin it. I ordered a motor and replaced it. After I replaced I put some water into the machine and started a drain and spin cycle. The machine drained all of the water and started to spin. I think that I stopped the cycle by pressing the pause button then the power button. I then put the machine back in place and ran a load. I started another drain and spin cycle. The machine drained all of the water, started to spin and then 5 seconds later the message END would display and the drum would come to a stop. I am pretty sure that I did something when I was working on the machine. Any thoughts of what I should look for?

I appreciate any info and help.
Jvc  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 3:41:56 PM(UTC)
Jvc

United States

Thank you to everyone who read my post. I did find the problem. One of the wires had pulled out of the motor. It looked like it was ok until I started removing the motor and then I saw it. I’m surprised the motor ran at all.

Again thank you to everyone in this forum it has helped at lot in the past.

Joe
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply