Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sgsims  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 9, 2020 6:18:47 PM(UTC)
sgsims

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello:

I have a Jenn Air JDB8200AWP1 Dishwasher which is not activating the heating element so no hot water and no heated drying at the end of the cycle.

In addition the "Precision Dry" button on the touch Panel does not illuminate, although it does beep when pressed.

I Ohm checked the heating element and the thermostat and both checked out.

So now thinking it is either the control board and/or the touch panel. Is there any way to determine which of those should be replaced?

I also ran the Service Diagnostic Cycle. At the end of the cycle the board beeps once for roughly 2 seconds continuously then turns off and no lights are illuminated on the touch panel.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mikedbom  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 4:23:29 PM(UTC)
mikedbom

United States

sounds like we are in the same boat. just posted a very similar issue with a Kenmore dishwasher. If you find your answer, please post about it. Good luck!
UTRelectrical  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 9:49:03 AM(UTC)
UTRelectrical

Canada

I’m not as familiar with the Jenn Air line, but I would remove the control board and check for a melted/burned solder point on the PCB. Most often I see this, and all it needs is a re-solder and its good to go.

The solder joint is likely weak or insufficient at factory, and overheats to the point that the solder melts, then overheats more until some solder vaporizes (or something), then it arcs and vaporizes the rest of the solder until no connection is made.

Hope this helps.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply