Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
IDConundrum  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2020 7:06:47 PM(UTC)
IDConundrum

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Kenmore 110.63942101 that started but was not heating last week. We have had this problem and the issue with it not staying on after pushing start because of the relays going bad at different times before. I thought maybe a relay went out again so I ordered a pair of them to replace them both while I was working on it since they were a couple years old.
Now, with two new relays in it, it will not stay running without holding down the start button.
Since it had been starting before the new relays, I was curious if one was defective and so the one by the start button was wired up to the old one. When then old one is in place it started acting up in a new way and runs without pushing the start button if the timer is in any position but off as long as the door is closed.
I tried disconnecting both wires to the start switch and it still runs without pushing the start button if the timer is in on anything but off and the door is closed.
While it is always running, if I move the temp to anything but no heat air fluff the relay by the start switch starts clicking like a car blinker.
If I move the wires off the old relay and back to the new one, the dryer again won’t run without holding down the start button.
As I was working on it, I took it all apart because I noticed a lot of lint inside the dryer housing. It was missing a screw in the blower housing and so it didn’t have a tight seal and I am guessing let the lint get blown around the inside. All of that has been cleaned up but there is still some down in the motor that I couldn’t get with a vacuum or cloth but it now s much better than it was.
Any ideas on why the symptom is changing from no heat, to no start, to always running?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.