Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rcpolka  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2018 7:12:37 PM(UTC)
rcpolka

Groups: Registered

Both the ice and the water dispenser not working. The light in the dispenser works when pressed, as do the other buttons. Ice maker cycles when pressed so power is getting there. Water does not appear to be getting to the ice maker or dispenser. No evidence of a leak and water is present at the shut off valve. Could this be the inlet valve?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

robodell100  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 12:51:14 PM(UTC)
robodell100

United States

I have the same problem with my Whirlpool fridge. Did you ever resolve this issue?

If I replace the water filter both water and ice work again, but I’m replacing the filter almost bi-monthly. Water supply is the same so don’t really know what the deal is. I have purchased a new water inlet valve and will fit just to see if it makes a difference. Only time will tell I guess.

Please let me know though if you found another solution. Thanks
Intel1919  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2020 10:03:31 AM(UTC)
Intel1919

United States

Originally Posted by: robodell100 Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem with my Whirlpool fridge. Did you ever resolve this issue?

If I replace the water filter both water and ice work again, but I’m replacing the filter almost bi-monthly. Water supply is the same so don’t really know what the deal is. I have purchased a new water inlet valve and will fit just to see if it makes a difference. Only time will tell I guess.

Please let me know though if you found another solution. Thanks

As unit is workimg with new water filter, perhaps water from a RO/Filter system before frig may help with removal of sediments. Only other thing perhaps is water pressure?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply