Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
seanflorida  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 11:13:37 AM(UTC)
seanflorida

Groups: Registered

Fridge is GE Profile PGCS1RKZHSS

Both the vertical articulating mullion between the fridge doors and the horizontal mullion between the double freezer drawers have a lot of moisture build up. I've tested both mullions for ohms and both are way out of spec. I tried testing the voltage for the mullion between the freezer drawers - manual says to check at mainboard J7-9 to J12 for 13.6v - it's showing 0volts AC .. can this be due to the ohms being off the charts (reading ~1,876ohms when it should be 827ohms)? Likewise, the articulating mullion should read 24ohms but read over 800ohms.
I tested the humidity sensor and its voltage is within range, but i disconnected it and wait 20 mins per the instructions - mullions were still ice cold.
I replaced the mainboard 9 months ago due to ice maker issues, i dont believe it has an issue - was just concerned I wasn't getting any voltage from the mainboard to the mullions for another reason other than the mullions being bad. The over-temp thermostat could in theory kill the voltage if it is being tripped, but i just changed that last week...and the freezer/fridge get to temp and stay.
Thoughts??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

weboperations  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:15:22 PM(UTC)
weboperations

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: seanflorida Go to Quoted Post
Fridge is GE Profile PGCS1RKZHSS

Both the vertical articulating mullion between the fridge doors and the horizontal mullion between the double freezer drawers have a lot of moisture build up. I've tested both mullions for ohms and both are way out of spec. I tried testing the voltage for the mullion between the freezer drawers - manual says to check at mainboard J7-9 to J12 for 13.6v - it's showing 0volts AC .. can this be due to the ohms being off the charts (reading ~1,876ohms when it should be 827ohms)? Likewise, the articulating mullion should read 24ohms but read over 800ohms.
I tested the humidity sensor and its voltage is within range, but i disconnected it and wait 20 mins per the instructions - mullions were still ice cold.
I replaced the mainboard 9 months ago due to ice maker issues, i dont believe it has an issue - was just concerned I wasn't getting any voltage from the mainboard to the mullions for another reason other than the mullions being bad. The over-temp thermostat could in theory kill the voltage if it is being tripped, but i just changed that last week...and the freezer/fridge get to temp and stay.
Thoughts??

Did you ever solve this issue? I have the same issue right now and I can’t solve it. Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply