Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fprintf  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 3:50:05 AM(UTC)
fprintf

Groups: Registered
United States

Easy installation but go slowly so you don't damage anything. Also heed the earlier advice for something to prop up the glass top. This is for the PS920SF3SS stainless convection slide-in GE Profile but likely applies to other 2015+ glass top electric ranges with front controls.

My front right burner, which is the one that is always used, intermittently burned out. The first sign of trouble was a hot stovetop light that would not go out. This site was very helpful in troubleshooting the issue. Here are the steps to repair:

1. Turn off the range/oven at the breaker or disconnect the power cord underneath.
2. Slide the range out to access the T-20 Torx screws on the side.
3. Remove the control panel to access the wiring, unplug the control panel. Take pictures with your phone if you need to along the way.
4. Remove the plastic trim panel with six screws. I used a 1/4" driver screwdriver. There are two at the top left/right edges and 4 in the middle.
5. Remove 4 screws securing the top to the front of the range. You will see that there are guides intended to help re-align the top when you put it back together, this is where the screws are.
6. Prop up the glass top to access the underside burners.
7. Remove the electrical connections to the burner, take a picture here. The middle fatter plug was hard for me to get out as I didn't want to force it but I needed pliers to pull it off.
8. Remove the clips securing the underside of the burner. Use pliers, do not pry with anything. They are stiff but will come loose.
9. Re-assemble in the reverse order.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.