Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mgeorg04  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2020 8:56:55 AM(UTC)
mgeorg04

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello, everyone. I have a Frigidaire PLEB30T9DCB double oven in a house I just recently moved into. When we first moved in a couple of weeks ago, the top oven would produce some heat, but showed signs of not functioning properly. Eventually it stopped producing heat altogether on any setting (broil, bake, convection, and any combination of those three). The bottom oven works just fine. There are no issues at all with the bottom oven. The fan on the top oven will turn with convection selected, it is just that neither element will heat up at all.

I swapped the temperature probe between the two ovens to see if that was the issue. The top oven (with the bottom oven's temperature probe) still produces no heat. The bottom oven (with the top oven's temperature probe) will function properly. So, I assume it is not an issue with the temperature probe. I had also read online that the thermal cut-off (TCO) in the back of the oven may have tripped if the self-cleaning cycle was run (I don't know if the previous owners did this or not). I pulled out the oven and tried to reset the TCO in case that was the issue. The red button on the TCO did not have much give, and I tried pushing several times. I do not know if there should be an audible confirmation from pushing in that button, but it didn't seem like it depressed more than a couple of millimetres no matter how hard I pushed it. Either way, that had no effect on the top oven, plus it had worked a little bit before all of this, so that makes me think it wasn't the TCO.

The only other possible issues I have seen online involve failures from the elements, but it seems very unlikely that both elements would fail at the same exact time. They also look like they are in good condition. I suppose I could narrow that down by swapping elements between the two ovens.

Additionally, I see a terminal block is a piece that fails and may need to be replaced. If the bottom oven is working properly, though, it seems unlikely that this is the failed part. Unless there are two terminal blocks in this model. I do not know if that is the case here.

Any thoughts on what is causing the issue?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.