Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
poncho-mike  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2020 11:06:01 AM(UTC)
poncho-mike

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a GE front load washer model # WBVH5300K1WW I bought in mid-2011. It has worked fine until recently when my wife said that it would not fill with water. The first thing I checked was the inlet valve. The solenoid were checked on an electrical meter, and resistance was within normal specifications. I disconnected the washer hoses from the inlet valve and connected a short length of tubing to the solenoids, which I ran into a bucket. I then powered the valves with input directly from a line cord I made. Water flowed through all of the valves, so I know my water inlet vale is good. solenoids.

Next, I ran the leads from my electrical meter into the back of the inlet valve solenoids and tried to start the washer. It never registered any voltage on any of the solenoids.

So next, I unplugged the washer from the power source, then reconnected power. Shortly after I start the wash cycle, the motor will spin the drum forward about one revolution, then backward for about one revolution, then stop. There is also a loud noise that I think is the waste water pump starts and is constant. I moved the waste water outlet to the bucket, and re-tried to start the wash cycle a couple of times. The washer will spit a little bit of water out shortly into wash cycle.

There are only two people in our household, so the washer isn't heavily used. I'd like some suggestions on what I should try before I buy a new one.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.