Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JWTurner  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 12:14:49 PM(UTC)
JWTurner

Groups: Registered
United States

Our 6 year old GE Profile side by side completely shuts down 1 to 3 times each day. After almost exactly 45 minutes, it resets itself and returns to normal operation

It 'SEEMS' to happen when we open the door...lights go on, and then everything shuts down, lights, compressor, fan, etc.

Its almost like it looses power at the outlet, but that is not it...I have run a current tester at the outlet when it happens and power is still present.

I have researched extensively and the only thing I come up with is that the 45 minute reset period roughly aligns with the defrost cycle. But that doesn't seem like it should shut down the entire appliance.

I have noticed that when it happens, under the Ice Bucket, there is a small green indicator LED which remains lit...bit the non of the dispenser controls work.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

John L  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2021 8:02:47 AM(UTC)

Groups:
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JWTurner Go to Quoted Post
Our 6 year old GE Profile side by side completely shuts down 1 to 3 times each day. After almost exactly 45 minutes, it resets itself and returns to normal operation

It 'SEEMS' to happen when we open the door...lights go on, and then everything shuts down, lights, compressor, fan, etc.

Its almost like it looses power at the outlet, but that is not it...I have run a current tester at the outlet when it happens and power is still present.

I have researched extensively and the only thing I come up with is that the 45 minute reset period roughly aligns with the defrost cycle. But that doesn't seem like it should shut down the entire appliance.

I have noticed that when it happens, under the Ice Bucket, there is a small green indicator LED which remains lit...bit the non of the dispenser controls work.

Hi, did you find out what the issue was? I am having the same problem. I replaced the inverter board when it stopped cooling and then a few days later while to door was open it everything shut down but power still exists at the board and green light on ice maker still there. I swapped the control board, it restarted for a few hours and then shut down again. The control board is fine, seems like when I unplug and replug it will come back. After replugging it takes a few minutes before the door panel lights up.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply