Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vanhalo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 3:27:09 PM(UTC)
Vanhalo

Groups: Registered
United States

I pulled the fridge away from the wall and cleaned the back coils a few months ago.....they definitely needed it.

Everything seemed fine for awhile...

Then the freezer seemed to have issues staying @ 0 degrees then shortly after the fridge couldn't retain its temps.

Fridge stays around 50-60 degrees when its set on 40-46
Freezer is set on 0 degrees and everything is just barely frozen like a thawing snow.

It seems to work for awhile after i unplug it and then a few days later it stops cooling again.

I have everything out of it now with the temp sensors and thermostats pulled on top and bottom.

Put a multimeter and tested continuity on the the thermostat and Ohm tested the temp sensors @ room temps and in ice water.

They all seem to be fine.

Checked the thermal fuse on the fridge...it doesn't appear to be blown.
Couldn't find one on the freezer side.

Not sure where to go next.

EDIT: I have power consumption history on the fridge....the compressor is working i see it running @ 200w periodically through the day.

RFG298 Compressor Power Consumption

Edited by user Saturday, March 21, 2020 3:40:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jponyf  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 8:57:02 AM(UTC)
jponyf

United States

I'm having the exact same problem with my Whirlpool Gold fridge. If you plug it in after being off for a while it works fine, but then gets too warm and will sometimes go back to working if you leave it plugged in long enough. I changed the compressor capacitor, both thermistors and the defrost thermostat and it's still not working properly. My friend who is an hvac tech said it is probably low on refrigerant, trying to freeze up and then staying in the defrost cycle too long. He also said most newer refrigerators don't even have a schrader valve so it'd be more trouble than it's worth.
Do you or anyone else know if this is correct information?
DRJHNJHNSN  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:19:51 PM(UTC)
DRJHNJHNSN

United States

I have an exact model of Samsung refrigerator bought in 2012 (must have been a bad year). It started doing the exact thing last week. I hope you get some help, I need it.
edelatl  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 5, 2020 6:54:37 AM(UTC)
edelatl

United States

Same issue with my 2012 RFG293HARS . Freezer wont go below +8 thogh display says it is sitting at -4 Every figure it out? Or did you go a different route?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply