Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
al61127  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 12:48:22 PM(UTC)
al61127

Groups: Registered
Canada

My daughter's dishwasher is not spraying water. I have replaced the water inlet valve and tested the float switch. The filters and spray arms are clean.
When I do the 1hr cycle. water enters the dishwasher and fills it to 1 to 2 inches. I hear humming and clicking and at the 1hr mark it drains and finishes. There is still some grime left on the bottom indicating that no water was sprayed.
I am assuming that the pump is defective.
I am open to suggestions...

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

df2020  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 5:43:13 AM(UTC)
df2020

United States

Same thing happened with my Kenmore. Water would fill the base but would not spray. Wash cycle would complete without washing dishes. I unplugged the power cable to the large pump and attached my volt meter. Then started the wash cycle and when the pump should have come on I measured 120V, so control board was working and it indicated the pump was not working. I pulled washer out and flipped on its back to remove the pump. just 3 screws. I found that the screen on the pump had come apart and caused the pump to jam. I removed the filter and put the pump back on to test it. I ran wash cycle and the pump worked and water sprayed. I would not leave with out filter to wash dishes as it cleans the water during wash cycle. I ordered $60 filter to fix problem instead of $300 pump.
oliver_mix  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 7:38:44 AM(UTC)
oliver_mix

Man
United States

This may be due to the pump, but may also depend on the water supply. I still had dirt in the dishwasher, but the valve was not working. After the replacement, everything was fine. I already use the second year and there are no breakdowns yet.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply