Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joshuaostroff  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 10:47:25 AM(UTC)
joshuaostroff

Groups: Registered

Dorothy, we have a similar range and the same control panel - it has been repaired a few times and we are still having issues. You mentioned a source to buy a new board; if you (or anyone reading this) can provide that referral it would be very helpful. Thanks!
Josh
dpollock  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 11:49:23 AM(UTC)
dpollock

Hi,
Yes I had excellent service from a company I cannot post the name of.
Not sure if you can email me from here or send a message.
I cannot express how helpful they were. The Laboratory Manager held my hand and worked with me in email and everything was perfect from their end. A local company caused me a delay by not connecting the broiler element, but thanks to Daniel, we figured it all out. The control panel was a perfect replacement.

Best of luck.
Tholland  
#13 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 9:14:05 AM(UTC)
Tholland

Hi, I have a Thermador RDSS30 with the same defective control panel issue. Display is un-readable and oven temp button sticking. I did not see the information on the shop that repaired the board. Is anyone able to provide details on how I can either get a replacement part or send the board to be repaired? This stove is in a rental unit and I really need to get this fixed before the first renters come in in a couple of weeks. One tech that my father talked to said get a new stove...but this is crazy as everything on this dual range works great and it just needs the display repaired. Appreciate any help that you can provide. Thanks!! - Tim
dpollock  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 1:23:39 PM(UTC)
dpollock

I am not seeing any way to email you. I cannot post the name on the forums to my knowledge. If you give me an email address I will send you the info
Tholland  
#15 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2015 4:06:55 PM(UTC)
Tholland

Dorothy - my email is timh_brewing@yahoo.com. Thanks so much! I am anticipating seeing the screws on the bottom of the glass panel when I open the over door and hoping the removal is as straight forward as it seems here. - Tim
dpollock  
#16 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2015 6:11:30 PM(UTC)
dpollock

Ok thanks. I will email you.
tmurph1030  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 9:26:59 AM(UTC)
tmurph1030

Does anyone have a picture of how the wiring is attached to the control panel (clock)? I drew a picture, but now can't figure it out.
Norbe  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 4:24:10 PM(UTC)
Norbe

Here is a picture of the wire connections. This may be a little late, but it may help other owners of this range who want to fix this nice range to keep it going. I came across this forum when I was searching for a 486752 controller. No one has it anymore. The only option is to have it repaired. There are at least 3 companies who offer such service.

One thing I came across that many owners ran into when I was searching through the web, the 4 brass venturi tubes that hold down the cook top can seize up making it impossible to get inside to fix anything. A few years ago, I had to replace the spark module. Two of the venturi tubes seized up. One of them turned with the bottom piece. cutting the gas tubing. The only way to remove the venturi tube is to drill it out with a 3/4" titanium drill bit with a little cutting oil. I had to do this to 2 during that time. Got all the replacement parts from Appliancepartspros.

I just had a control module problem. I tried to remove it to send out for repair, but one of the 3 venturi tubes seized up. It also cut the gas tubing when the bottom piece turned also. I had to drill that one out. Repair guys would probably tell you to get a new range.

To prevent them from seizing up again, this time I use some high temperature (up to 1600F) anti-seize on the thread before putting them back together.

Good luck.

Norbe
File Attachment(s):
IMG_0257.JPG (426kb) downloaded 120 time(s).
tsilbaugh  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:24:47 AM(UTC)
tsilbaugh

United States

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and am trying to replace for repair the control board for the RDDS30 Thermador (486752).

Does anyone have the diagrams for the controller removal. It sounds like one of the posts (dorothy) had difficulty with removing the unit

Thanks
TIm
#20 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2021 1:23:17 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I never found a video that shows removal of the control board, but this one comes very close. See

As many have noted, the control board is no longer made. You have to send in your old one to a board repair shop. There are many that do this, but circuit board medics .com appears to be one of the more reliable places to have your board repaired.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply