Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ReddogRudy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 3:21:06 PM(UTC)
ReddogRudy

Groups: Registered

Hi. Having a problem with freezer, fridge. We had a power outage and the unit was fun on a generator for about 2 hours. Power restored, and ran for another day. Came home to find water leaking from front I've dispenser. Door seemed to have been left ajar and as ice bin seemed to be pushed forward out of place. Temp on door said fridge was about 48 and freezer was 39 Reset bin closed door. Unit was running all the while. After about an hour apparent it was not getting cold. Removed everything and let run overnight. Temperature on door came down to 42 and 35. Called local tech and described problem. He was honest and up front and said it sounded electronic and really did not want to get into it. Ok checked on line found this sight started to check out. Could at bottom and condenser can were dirty especially from the harder to access front of coil. Cleaned with soft brush, compressed air and vacuum. Removed unit in ran for about 2 to 3 hours temperature on changed a degree of to. Temperature read 51 fridge, 44 freezer. Adjusting temperature control is bad no effect. Next took off read freezer panel. Evaporator coils had approx 1 to 2 inches of ice along entire left side starting a quarter of the way across top. Used a low heat hair dryer several inches from coil to melt ice. Checked to see if any damage to temp sensor. Nothing appeared unusual. Replaced cover plugged unit back in. Problem now worse. Temp in fridge said 63 and freezer said -5. There was no air even moving into fridge now. Tried adjusting temp again. Said actual temp was now 63 fridge and now-9 in freezer but both completely warm. Checked run capacitor. It shows on multimeter no resistance. Evaporator and condenser can both running. Motherboard has slight discoloration along side i believe what is described as the fan resistors. No capacitors are bulged but one large capacitor has a white hard substance all around its bottom which has partially covered 2 other small components. Defrost heater circuit shows its functioning. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to junk this unit, I have had no issues with it till now.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.