Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OzarkMcCoy  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 12:11:58 PM(UTC)
OzarkMcCoy

Groups: Registered
United States

I know that heater wire assemblies (the ones around the rim of glass door fridges or inside drain tubes of heaters and ice makers to keep them from freezing) don't go bad very often but when they do they can be insanely expensive to repair for what they are. I have been using forums to help find inexpensive, DIY solutions to my household questions and I've saved a ton over the years by taking some time to research before calling a pro or replacing older appliances/electronics. Message me any time if you all have questions about how to fix those issues as I work for a company that makes parts for refrigeration manufacturers and I can likely give some good advice but also have access to very inexpensive materials (heater wire if you're a pro) but I can also make clones of existing pieces if I get a good amount of info from the owner first. Please be sure to make note that heater wire is incredibly difficult to work with if you aren't VERY familiar with electrical manufacturing so I highly suggest purchasing a complete assembly instead of trying to replace the heater wire yourself. Replacement assemblies usually run anywhere from $60-150 online but, depending on the type you're needing, I can likely make you a brand new assembly and have it shipped to you for substantially less than buying a replacement from the manufacturer. I welcome questions and can post my direct email if needed but just not wanting to overstep my boundaries by violating a forum rule. DM if possible and I'll be happy to provide any assistance I can.
Ben

MODS: Please notify and delete post if this violates community guidelines. I do value the resource of having the option to dig through this forum for tips myself and don't want to lose my freshly acquired account because of trying to save the collective some time/money.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.