Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mbrashears  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:49:39 AM(UTC)
mbrashears

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a whirlpool dishwasher that was leaking underneath. I determined that the diverter seal in the sump was bad, and that it had damaged the diverter. When I researched the parts, I found a combo package that included the sump, diverter, and pump assembly for the same cost as a sump and diverter separately.

The parts came and I installed them. The only old part I used was the drain pump, which I switched from the old sump to the new one. it was operable on the old sump, and functioning normally. I hooked everything back up the way it was. I have yo say that I am fairly mechanically inclined, but I watched the repair video, and photographed the positions of all the connections. I'm sure that everything is hooked dup correctly.

I attached the water, the drain, and the electrical. I turned the water and power back on, and tested the dishwasher. The lights on the panel were dim, some flashed, and there was beeping. I attempted whirlpool reset procedures I researched on line, and when I retried the start up, the dishwasher made noises, but didn't do anything.

I'm not sure what to try next, just short of a repairman. I am already $190.00 into parts on an eight year old dishwasher. I'm hoping it is something simple I missed.

Any thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.