Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpollock  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2019 1:51:25 PM(UTC)
wpollock

Groups: Registered

Food compartment temp set at 37F. Freezer temp set at 0F and is operating fine.
Evaporator fan in freezer replaced on 08/05/18 about 5 months after unit was installed.Yesterday morning I saw for the first time a panel display that reads SY EF which I believe refers to a problem with the evaporator fan located on the back panel of the freezer. As I stated,with crossed fingers and knocking on wood,the freezer is still working as should and producing ice albeit at what seems to be a slower rate than before this issue started.I unplugged the unit for 10 minutes,plugged it back in and the error code was cleared. I have ordererd and received my replacement fan motor and watched what I thought was a straightforward removal and replacement install video. Only problem is my freezer has a ice maker and the small white cross bar for the top rack does not have a screw to allow for removing it which will in turn allow me to remove the bottom shelf side bracket(s) which will let me remove the back panel to access the evaporator fan. If anyone has this style freezer and has replaced the EV fan motor please share the steps for doing so. I assume I will have to remove the ice maker as well?
I would like to attach pictures of the freezer but can't find a tab to do so.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.