Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cblaines  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:00:11 PM(UTC)
cblaines

Groups: Registered
United States

I have an LG electric oven, PN LRE30755ST. The last two times I tried to use it, I set the bake temperature and it began to preheat and it did for a while and just stopped. Early on you could hear the clicking of the bake element turning off and on. Last night I set it to 375, it got up to around 340 and then stopped rising and the temp display just remained at 340. I turned it off and back on to 375 again and suddenly the temp readout read in the 200s. Opening the oven it was warm-hot but clearly not full temp.

The same thing happened on Monday, set the bake to 250 and it stopped heating around 225 and never reached 250.

Is it safe to assume this is a temp sensor issue or could it be one of the boards? They aren't super cheap and dont want to order the wrong thing. Please let me know if anyone thinks the symptoms scream something other than a bad temp sensor. If you think it might be one of the PCBs, can you tell me which of the 4 pcbs on the parts page for model LRE30755ST it might be? The descriptions are not very clear.

Edited by user Friday, September 27, 2019 5:50:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.