Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrmambo  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 9:02:37 AM(UTC)
mrmambo

Groups: Registered

I have a circa-2010 Jenn-Air JES9800BAB electric range that sporadically shuts-off while baking, usually at the upper ranges (550° or high broil for an extended time). I replaced the control board (8507P234-60) with a supposedly new part from eBay in May and it worked fine for 1 month until problems recurred.

I’m wondering if the boards are simply failing (due to bad relays, age, etc.) or if there could be something else in the oven that’s either failing or damaging the relay board.

Symptoms:
- oven set to 550° (For 1 hour) or high broil (usually after preheating to 550°...I’m baking pizzas)
- the oven will do one of a few things: shut off oven and return to default control panel screen, but buttons are inoperative; or beep, turn off the oven heat, and indicate an error, but not give an error code
- I usually flip the circuit breaker and am able to complete my 5-10-minute pizza bake

What do you think I should do or test? I have the service manual, but am not sure where the trace section is on the board.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.