Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GoBucks  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 12:21:31 PM(UTC)
GoBucks

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I just moved into a house that has an LG refrigerator with the freezer drawer (Model #LFX25975ST). The first thing I did was change the water filter as the ice and water tasted bad. I initially purchased a knockoff filter which installed just fine, but as I was flushing water through it I didn’t notice any pressure change from when there was no filter, so I took the filter out and it was completely dry; no water had touched it at all. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and running water with and without the filter, but there was no change. So I bought the official LG filter, and same thing; completely dry. I’ve searched all over and can’t find any solutions. The filter is installed correctly, and I’ve removed any protective covering, so I’m certain it is not an issue with the filter.

On the back of the fridge I can see where the water line connects at the bottom, then a separate line goes up to the top and inside, then comes back out and there’s another line that I believe feeds into the filter. It seems like the water is just bypassing this filter line like when there’s no filter bc the ice and water dispenser both work, but it’s not being filtered. Any help would be appreciated and I can attach pictures if necessary.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.