Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fridge123fr  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 9:30:17 PM(UTC)
fridge123fr

Groups: Registered

whirlpool WDT710PAYM2
s/n F21320874

Dishwasher about 12 years old.
I think it started with bad smell after washes (which came out perfectly clean though) and I learned to keep the bottom filter clean (I never really knew it was there and just assumed the dishwasher/food disposal took care of food bits).

Recently it was starting the cycle by filling the bottom with water as it should but then stopping. I had to press cancel/start button and that's all I could get the machine to do.

I checked the float sensor on the bottom seemed good.
The clear hose leading to the food disposal seems clean but does have some dark smudges within it but I don't think a slightly clogged exit hose is causing the problem.
I pulled the unit out to get familiar with the pump assembly since that's what researching lead to be a likely problem. But while I had the unit pulled out and ran it, it went through the complete cycle and seemed fixed by itself. I pushed it back and used it a few times no problem except that the bad smell after washes came back quite obviously. So I made sure filters were always clean but it would still smell and now it's not doing a great job at washing. I sometimes have to run it twice and set it for 'heavy, pots and pans', and now it just doesn't wash nearly as good as it should and still smells pretty much constantly.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 3, 2019 3:58:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.