Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
morrepe  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 5:56:06 AM(UTC)
morrepe

Groups: Registered
United States

OK. This one is tough. Ice maker stopped making ice. I checked the thermostat and is seemed bad so I replaced it. Water filled the mold, ice got cold, ejector wouldn't eject the cubes. So, I bought a new ice maker and installed it. Same problem. So, I called a repair guy. He installed a new new ice maker. Same problem. Temperature reading for freezer is zero. Repair guy checked it with his thermometer and it got back down to 18 after he had had it open for a while repairing. After he left, freezer reading went back down to zero from 18-19 while he was there with door open, etc. Still nothing. So now we have tried a new thermo and two new ice makers and still can't get the thing to dump cubes into the bin. Repair guys says there is nothing else he can do to help and he has never seen this before. Any ideas? There is definitely water coming in and definitely power to the unit as it can be cycled by jumping the circuit for the thermo. Pretty stumped. Thanks for help in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

morrepe  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 6:04:31 AM(UTC)
morrepe

United States

Originally Posted by: morrepe Go to Quoted Post
OK. This one is tough. Ice maker stopped making ice. I checked the thermostat and is seemed bad so I replaced it. Water filled the mold, ice got cold, ejector wouldn't eject the cubes. So, I bought a new ice maker and installed it. Same problem. So, I called a repair guy. He installed a new new ice maker. Same problem. Temperature reading for freezer is zero. Repair guy checked it with his thermometer and it got back down to 18 after he had had it open for a while repairing. After he left, freezer reading went back down to zero from 18-19 while he was there with door open, etc. Still nothing. So now we have tried a new thermo and two new ice makers and still can't get the thing to dump cubes into the bin. Repair guys says there is nothing else he can do to help and he has never seen this before. Any ideas? There is definitely water coming in and definitely power to the unit as it can be cycled by jumping the circuit for the thermo. Pretty stumped. Thanks for help in advance.

UPDATE: I used an external thermometer and it reads about 5 degrees F. Ice maker should work, right?
Ice-Makers  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 8:29:49 AM(UTC)
Ice-Makers

UPDATE: I used an external thermometer and it reads about 5 degrees F. Ice maker should work, right?

You tried all the basics that I would have tried without the right result. I am now very intrigued. I am curious to discover the solution that worked for you. I will check back.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply