Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pionex80  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:45:37 AM(UTC)
Pionex80

Groups: Registered
United States

We purchased this fridge (LG LFXS24663) in 2015. In 2017 it needed a new linear compressor. This year it stopped cooling correctly. At first the problem was occurring in the freezer with everything melting. A tech came out, ($99.00) stood in the kitchen and told me that it isn't the compressor because if it was the top area of the refrigerator would not be cooling. He said that most manufacturers; when this type of problem exists, recommend to swap out the PWB and the controller in the freezer area. I asked the tech; who was also the same gentleman that replaced the compressor in 2017, if he was sure there was not a low refrigerant issue with the fridge. The connections that he brazed or soldered looked green with corrosion, although I was not able to see any bubbles forming on those connections. His response was the same.

So, those parts were changed PWB P/N EBR79267103 and controller P/N 6615JB2005N. We monitored the refrigerator using a wireless weather station. The front control panel is set to 37F in the top fridge, and to 0F in the freezer. The fridge did get to 2F in the freezer and 38F in the fridge, however it was not long before the temps in the freezer went back up as high as 18F and in the fridge it actually got to 54F. This up and down went on since July 12th. I decided to change out the temperature sensor located at the back of the freezer. This did not do much, other than to see the freezer to 9F and the fridge was around 41F. The front door icemaker did start to make some ice again, but the ice is sort of watery.

Changing the temps on the front of the fridge do nothing really.

So, the tech is coming back out here soon, and I want to be ready to have this discussion.

Yesterday, I listened to the sounds of a "good" and a "bad" linear compressor on YouTube. What I heard with the bad compressor does sound sort of like ours. I unplugged our fridge, and then waited about 30 seconds, and then plugged it back in. After about 20 seconds or so the fan kicked on near the evaporator and then about 10 seconds more or so, the compressor started up. As it did, I recorded the sounds. It sounded like it was groaning, and there was a gurgling, and maybe a metallic noise as well, and then it calmed down. The freezer got to 5F and the fridge to 41F about 4 hours after this.

Having changed out the three parts, PWB, Controller, and the Temp Sensor in the back of the freezer, what else is there at this point?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance for reading this. Any questions, just ask me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.