Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
curlw  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 2:35:11 PM(UTC)
curlw

Groups: Registered

My Kitchenaid KUDP02FRSS1 will either not start or, if it does start, will normally not complete the selected cycle. This has been going on for the last month or so. Often, I will press the cycle button (Normal, Light, Rinse Only, with heat dry or without, doesn't matter) and close door then press Start button. After a couple of seconds, the light to the left of the Start/Resume button (which is normally solid green during operation) will begin flashing green every second and nothing else happens. I cancel the operation. If I do this a few times, the light may stay green and the cycle will actually begin as it should. I will hear it running through its operation for a good while but often when I come back later and check it has stopped and the light to the left of the Start/Resume button will be flashing green continuously. The flashing green light will continue until Cancel button is pressed. I'm not sure where in the cycle the operation fails, in fact it doesn't seem to always fail at the same point in the cycle. Sometimes when I cancel out and open door there is no water in the bottom, sometimes it is full of water and I then use the cancel button to have it drain out as it should. The dishes do normally look clean. However, I've discovered that if I can actually get it start on either the Quick Clean Up or Rinse Only cycles it does normally complete the operation and the blue light will come on indicating Clean. The other cycle types don't ever complete even if I am able to get them to start. I have opened up and cleaned out the entire pump area and it will drain completely either during the operation or when I press the Cancel button to force it to drain. When there is water standing in the bottom, I believe it is only because the cycle stopped before going through drain portion of cycle and not because of any issues with the pump. Anyone have any ideas? Electronic control board maybe?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.