Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
topnitroracer  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2019 12:28:22 PM(UTC)
topnitroracer

Groups: Registered
United States

I am having some trouble with my LG LDE3037ST electric range maintaining temp. Upper oven works perfectly fine. The lower oven has been problematic since I bought it. I should have done something about it sooner. I am pretty sure it is the oven relay board, but I thought I would ask for some opinions before I throw more money at this oven. I have done quite a bit a searching, but I thought I would confirm some of my findings with others.

First I should say I have tested the resistance of both temperature sensors at room temp and in boiling water. Both are within spec at room temp and have extremely similar resistances in boiling water. I have run the sensor service test diagnostic and temps read fine. They also read the correct resistances up where they plug into the PCB board. I am also using multiple other thermocouples in the oven to understand what the temp is actually doing. I have also zeroed out all temperature adjustments in the oven so that is not skewing things.

Here is the issue. Oven will preheat, then after preheat is done, oven will drift lower in temp. If I cancel the bake, then restart the bake, the "live" temperature on the displays shows a lower value preheating will start to get it back up to temp. Perhaps the relay for the lower oven hidden element is not turning on - and during preheating the convection element heats as well? Perhaps the broiler element too? But after preheating ends, oven again drifts lower in temp - however it does not keep getting lower. If I do this same thing to the upper oven, the oven still shows preheated, or if I choose a new, higher temp on the top oven, will show a live temp right near where the previous temperature was set. Now on the lower oven if I cancel the bake, then do an immediate temperature sensor service test - the lower oven test temp looks to be pretty close to the actual temp. One of my concerns is why the service temp reading is accurate, but the live temp while preheating is shifted lower. Upper oven functions and temps read as expected.

It should also be noted that the convection bake seems to be better. Although is the fan supposed to run more than about 2-3 seconds every 10 seconds?

As I stated above, I would have assumed it was the relay board (EBR64624601) based on everything I did if I did not have run the service test on the thermocouples. Repair manual would confirm I should also replace the oven relay PCB. However it the live vs. sensor test reading differences make me think the oven system pcb (EBR64624502) might have an issue, or perhaps even something else. Why are the readings different if they are using the same sensor at basically the same time?

I apologize for the long post. Please let me know if you have any thoughts? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.