Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
deputy_58  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2011 8:28:00 PM(UTC)
deputy_58

Groups: Registered

The ice dispenser auger sometimes jams causing the motor to hum. This occurs weather it is dispensing cubes or crushed ice. The solenoid for cubes or crushed selection is working. I can turn the auger by hand then try to dispense again and it may work, but only a small amounts of ice will come out. The helix mounted on the auger shaft does not rotate with the shaft. There is a small amount of play in the ice crushing blades.
I cannot find the diagram for my GE model number.
thank you,
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Tomkin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:50:44 PM(UTC)
Tomkin

My GE is doing the same thing. I don't want to buy a whole new ice bin assembly.
Tomkin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:06:07 AM(UTC)
Tomkin

:confused: any ideas yet?
motorcyclemaniac  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:41:51 PM(UTC)
motorcyclemaniac

having same problem. check your auger pieces might have broken off, also check ice dispenser crusher cover might be broken, and the shelving rails the bucket sits on might be broken, look them over and one more thing the shelf that covers the ice bucket might be cracked up the middle. I had the same problem but I only fixed the cover and bought a new shelf and ended up having to buy a new cover, auger, shelf rails, luckily the new shelf survived. the original parts lasted eight years hopefully I'll get eight out of the new ones. I forgot to tell you to look closely at the auger nut that holds the blades on and also the housing that it sits inside I just tried to fix mine with the new parts and found out that the nut had pieces chewed off of it and the housing it sits inside is broken also. just to let you know I purchased all the parts through this site. it ended up being the best price combined
honest_abe  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:19:04 PM(UTC)
honest_abe

The problem caused my auger to break. I replaced it but saw no other problems with the bucket or parts. However, the new auger still jams when trying to crush ice.
I had the door open, pressed the dispenser lever while pressing the button near the top of the fridge to simulate the door being closed. I looked up into the crusher and noticed the bucket jumping when having a problem but can find no cause for it. Non-crushed dispensing works fine.
butherous  
#6 Posted: : Saturday, April 27, 2019 11:29:04 PM(UTC)
butherous

United States

I was having the same issue with my GE refrigerator. Here is how I fixed it:

GE Refrigerator Ice Dispenser Stuck - Noise but No Ice
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply