Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tenlbham  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2019 1:48:16 PM(UTC)
tenlbham

Groups: Registered
United States

We have a Frigidaire model FRS23R4A, about 20-ish years old, kept in the garage and mostly used for drinks, bulk frozen foods, and overflow from kitchen. A couple months ago, I went to get something out and noticed the food in the freezer was mostly thawed. Lights were on but I couldn't tell if the compressor was running. I couldn't hear the compressor running so I checked the relay continuity and it appeared to be bad, so I ordered and installed a replacement. Also cleaned the condenser coils and parts under the fridge.

The compressor definitely runs now, the evaporator coils get frost on part of them (is that normal or should the entire coil get frosty?), but it's still not freezing. I thought maybe the evap fan was bad because the voltage to it was very low and I never saw it running, so I replaced the control board.

I can see the fan will run now, but not very often. The freezer is still not freezing so I'm not sure what else it could be.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.