Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cloaked  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 10:18:51 PM(UTC)
cloaked

Groups: Registered
United States

Greetings! My LG Dryer Model DLEX4270V had a problem where it wouldn't shut off with the door closed (barrel would keep rotating, no heat though). I read that it could be a stuck relay on the PCB (Part # EBR76542925). I opened it up tapped on the relay and things worked fine. So, it looks like the relay was going bad.

I ordered the PCB from this site and put it in. When I powered the dryer up, it lit up, sang a little tune, had 3 horizontal lines on the display and was basically inoperative. All the lights on the cycle selector knob stayed on. They wont go off when you turn the knob to select a cycle (where you would normally have one light on telling you which cycle you have selected). The UI is basically frozen at this point.

I got another PCB sent out to me (thinking the 1st was bad), but I had the same problem. I purchased the dryer in December of 2014. The PCB's look to be relatively new (mid 2018).

The chances of 2 PCBs being bad are pretty slim, IMO but not impossible. The Rev of the board on the original is 1.0 vs 1.3 on the new PCBs.

Several questions:

1. With original in, everything works fine (except for intermittent relay problem). What are the chances that there is an issue with the UI panel, but you can't see it with original in...?
2. Could the UI panel be incompatible with newer Revs of the PCB possibly?
3. Anybody have an idea what's going on here?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.