Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
t3i  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2019 3:10:19 PM(UTC)
t3i

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all,

My dryer is drying, its getting hot, but its taking a very long time to dry the clothes. I have noticed that condensation builds up on the bottom left hand corner of the dryer door. So it looks like the door gasket is not seating properly to the tumbler. I have tried tightening up the screws on the hinges, including holding the door up while I tighten them but it doesn't help. Nothing else looks out of whack, though the dryer door does move a bit up and down but the flexibility seems to come from the hinges itself, that is the if you held the hinge in your hand and moved the two parts in and out (not closing). Do I need new hinges? Or is it something else?

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

davidk19380  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 5:41:49 AM(UTC)
davidk19380

United States

We have a whirlpool gas dryer, WGD4800XQ4, that will not dry on a regular basis. I have checked all the sensors for continuity, including the flame sensor and the ignitor bar.
I have checked the coils, 1200 or so for the two pins, 1300 for the first two of the three pins, and 550 for the first and third pins.

When checking the flame sensor, it briefly showed continuity, then went back to zero. I also think maybe i broke the top tab after testing, so I am going to replace that just for safety sake.

The ignitor will light, but only sporadically.

The other fishy thing about this is that the buzzer doesn't work for when the cycle is done. I am wondering if maybe something is going or gone on the circuit board.

We checked the vent hose, and actually replace it since it was gimpy and sort of falling apart. But nothing was blocked in terms of venting.

Is there any way to test the circuit board?

What else could be amiss? The dryer is about 6 or 7 years old.

David

davidk19380  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2022 9:58:43 AM(UTC)
davidk19380

United States

Would that cause the ignitor to not glow? I'm pretty sure that I broke the tab, after testing and removing it. I don't think it was broken to begin with. Is it correct that the resistance would have behaved that way? Showed a brief resistance, then went back to 0.
davidk19380  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 6:38:09 PM(UTC)
davidk19380

United States

I replaced the flame sensor... the ignitor will not glow.
so clearly this is not the problem. I don't think... does it matter how the flame sensor is wired?
THe dryer starts, but no glow on the ignitor.

Please don't make me call a repair man.. ;)

david
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply