Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
d44boy  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 10:18:00 AM(UTC)
d44boy

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all,
Just found your site and hoping you can help. I have a Kenmore Front load washer bought in 2008, model 417.48102701, and it just stopped spinning, so my clothes were soaked. I ran an empty load to see what was happening, and the water fills, but the drum doesn't spin at all. I figured it would be a belt like my dryer issue I had before, so I took off the top and back plate, and noticed the belt seemed fine. Seemed tight, and when I pulled on the belt, it spun the assembly that connects to the motor. During the drain and spin cycle, the machine would usually spin really fast to drain water, and then spin slowly, probably to fluff the clothes around? As I observed this after opening up, it would make the draining sound and pull out very little water, and then NOT spin the fast cycle obviously, but then the drum would do the slow spin like it was fluffing the clothes. This slow spin only lasts like 2 seconds, which it would normally do. SO the it seems as if there is perhaps a motor problem? Like it won't do any spinning except for that fluff 2 second spin.
Does that spin normally go a counter direction of the normal spin?
Any idea as to what's going on or what to repair? Thanks. The washer is old and the door is actually rusting so if this machine needs major repairs I'm just going to buy a new one. But if it's just a simple repair or fix, I'm going to hold on to it as long as I can. Thank you.

Edited by user Monday, March 4, 2019 10:19:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.