Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
llimer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:10:55 AM(UTC)
llimer

Groups: Registered

I have a leak from my machine. Seems to happen (twice) while filling up and continued after shutting it off. After shop vac'ing the water up, I lifted the top and all was dry inside. Then pulled access panel off back with supply lines removed and it is all dry back there as well. Glanced at some of the posts and I don't think it is the tub, maybe the pump ?? I also found a thin sort of clear plastic seal looking piece on the left side when viewed from above. Was this the snubber ring? I will have to additional checking I am sure, but would like any assistance you can provide.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:08:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Using a putty knife or any other thin bladed tool, remove the front panel by inserting that tool between the front panel and the top assembly, approximately four inches in from each corner. While lifting up on the top assembly, press the blade against the clips (#7 at the diagram), one side at a time to disengage them. Tip the front panel back to clear the locating pins on the cabinet front flanges. Lift the panel up and off the two base mounting clips.

Run a load and watch all parts inside to pinpoint the water leak.

Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Admiral AAV3000AWW WASHER-TOP LOADING | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
steve13133  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2019 8:44:32 AM(UTC)
steve13133

Groups: Registered
United States

My Admiral top load washer was leaking out the bottom every time we started it. We would mop it up, but it slowly kept seeping out from underneath. I took the cover off the washer and found the problem. It appears that there are a few heavy duty springs that keep the washer tub centered during it's operation, and one cheap spring that keeps the tub to sit back so it is under the water inlet. In this case the cheap spring rusted out allowing the tub to lean forward. When the fill started with the tub leaning forward, part of the water from the water inlet would not be directed into the tub, but on the top edge of the tub and it would run down the back side of the tub spilling on the floor under the washer. I replaced the el-cheapo spring, and now it's fine!!!

This is the second washer (both different brands) that I had this same exact problem with. It appears that this is a design flaw that shows up after the washer is a few years old. They should engineer that cheap spring to either be stronger or change the material so it doesn't rust out over time.

BTW, it took only 1/2 hour to resolve the problem and then 1 washer cycle more time to prove the results of the fix was good. Here's a link to the spring kit (copy/paste into your browser):

https://www.appliancepar...-12002773-ap4009656.html

Edited by user Friday, February 22, 2019 8:55:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: bad wording

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply