Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
remorw  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:08:12 AM(UTC)
remorw

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Have had this washer about 10 years (was installed in all units in a condo when it was built a few years ago).

Early on had some issues with the door but finally learned the right amount of "touch" to use when closing it to get the unit to come on.

Now the person in the unit reports it cutting off mid-cycle (intermittenly). Doesn't always happen but sometimes it stops mid cycle and won't allow the door to open for varying amounts of time (as if the washer still thinks it's going).

Had a certified Whirlpool tech come out, could not reproduce the problem (of course that's how it always goes).

He finds a "bulletin" about this particular model which shows that Whirlpool issued a newer version of a part (I don't have the exact name or number of the part, looking to try and get that from the service company, but's it's something like a door sensor or something). However the impression I was given is that this MAY resolve the problem as problems with this part are similar to what is occuring with this beast.

Estimated cost for this for parts and labor is over $300.00

I am not happy with Whirlpool for this kind of stuff. I have a Whirlpool "whisperquiet) dishwasher which has a bad electronics board which costs $150.00 for the part. Seems to me Whirlpool has a lot of issues with bad parts and seems to rarely issue any recalls for this kind of stuff. Also have an issue with a Whirlpool fridge that spits little hunks of plastic out of the ice dispensor.

Ok, enough of my editorial . . . Has anyone had any similar issues (and more importantly success) with this particular washer and its door.

Obviously I have concerns about a $300 repair on a 10 year old washer that MAY resolve the problem. Personally I think Whirlpool should recall the entire lot of these front loading HE washers and dryers. I certainly wouldn't purchase one of my own accord.

Thanks in advance for any and all contributions!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.