Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Imajicas24  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:54:54 AM(UTC)
Imajicas24

Groups: Registered

Wow! I was just woken at 4am by the same clicking. Has been going on for months. Sounds like somebody hitting an off/on switch bottom left. My top ice maker is on but my bottom ice maker is off. I learned this summer that I never get ice in the bottom until my top is full. Maybe now that the top is full it keeps trying to fill the bottom? I moved the arm to on yesterday and the clicking kept persisting so I moved it back to off again. Let me know if you guys find anything
-lori
Tristuff  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:28:30 PM(UTC)
Tristuff

I have exact same issues with clicking noises as described above. I have tried the cleaning and moving and turning Icemaker on and off even though it isn't connected to any water and never has been. Nothing has worked. It comes and goes but now that it is 5yrs old it is happening a lot more. Plus my dog tries to run outside every time it starts happening. So I wonder if there isn't a frequency of noise that it's making along with the clicking noise that only dogs can hear. By the number of people with the same issues it sounds like a design flaw. Has anyone contacted the manufacturer to discuss?
tnewc  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:32:07 AM(UTC)
tnewc

Have same problem in my new gallery French door fridge. Take out ice tray. Small fan in back of icemaker cavity. It tries to turn but stops in unison with click sound. Take hair blowdryer and aim at fan for 1 -2 minutes. Takes care of it for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, Frigidaire will fix this soon, under warranty.
gibsonrj  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:08:01 AM(UTC)
gibsonrj

United States

SOLVED the constant clicking - clonking every few seconds with Frigidaire FGHG2366PF (French Door/bottom freezer with ice maker, counter-depth). Remove the icemaker tray and using a flash light you will see at the very rear, at the top a small DC fan. When this fan tries to start it is hitting ice making the clicking or clonking sound. To confirm this you can depress the light on-off switch mounted on the upper frame of the door and it will activate the fan and you can see the fan partially turning making the clicking-clonking sound.

THE FIX. Blow a hair dryer into the ice compartment until the ice melts and the fan starts running again when you depress the depress the light on-off switch mounted on the upper frame of the door . This took me almost ten minutes before getting the fan to run again making a beautiful quite breeze sound, no clonking at all.

Apologies to all those servicemen that replace power boards and charged hundred of dollars as I will be posting this at other sites.

wzad  
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:28:07 AM(UTC)
wzad

Originally Posted by: gibsonrj Go to Quoted Post
SOLVED the constant clicking - clonking every few seconds with Frigidaire FGHG2366PF (French Door/bottom freezer with ice maker, counter-depth). Remove the icemaker tray and using a flash light you will see at the very rear, at the top a small DC fan. When this fan tries to start it is hitting ice making the clicking or clonking sound. To confirm this you can depress the light on-off switch mounted on the upper frame of the door and it will activate the fan and you can see the fan partially turning making the clicking-clonking sound.

THE FIX. Blow a hair dryer into the ice compartment until the ice melts and the fan starts running again when you depress the depress the light on-off switch mounted on the upper frame of the door . This took me almost ten minutes before getting the fan to run again making a beautiful quite breeze sound, no clonking at all.

Apologies to all those servicemen that replace power boards and charged hundred of dollars as I will be posting this at other sites.

I have the same model - the clicking seems to come and go.

Nobody else in this thread mentioned "clonking". Although the clicking sound does alternates between two different sounding pitches - so by your description its hard to tell whether its the same issue I'm experiencing.

After reading your solution, I briefly inspected my fridge this morning. The clicking sound, for me at least, is for sure coming from underneath the fridge, not from the ice maker.

I will still give your fix a try when I have some more time this evening.
#16 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2021 4:32:21 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have the same fridge and it's an absolute piece of shit. So is the company electrolux....they bailed on replacing the fridge and I've had to spend hours on the phone with home depot getting warranty service. The compressor has been replaced, now it just hums louder and still clicks like it's home to a family of noisy chimpmunks.

Avoid this fridge at all costs.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2021 6:04:53 PM(UTC)

United States

Cause is jammed ice scoop arm.

The ice tray has a end cap. Remove it.
2 gears will be visible. Hold the the close door switch in the back left corner.

You will see the now exposed gears go back into motion. The 3sec thonking is the duration of one rotation per gear slip.

My cause was a chunk of ice jammed in the tray. Once removed the left gear was free to rotate and the noise gone.
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2022 6:47:19 AM(UTC)

United States

From what I can tell, there are two separate issues that we're getting cross referenced / mixed up.

The first: Sounds like some get more of a click relating to the functioning of their bottom ice maker and have had luck thawing it to resolve the issue.

The second: Sounds like some get a click that comes more from the lower main board area of the fridge (almost under the fridge). Other research that I'm doing suggests that it might be the start relay.

Continuing to investigate.
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2022 9:10:23 AM(UTC)

United States

THIS WORKED IN A MINUTE!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Originally Posted by: gibsonrj Go to Quoted Post

#20 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2022 11:51:33 AM(UTC)

United States

Mine is just 17 months old and clunky sound started today and food compartment freezing up. It stops when the doors open. I'm frustrated especially since today is Sunday. Hope they have a conscience siñce it's just over a year. Couldn't give this brand agood review
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply