Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vogeln  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 5:55:29 PM(UTC)
vogeln

Groups: Registered
United States

Whirlpool model: WDF760SADM0

I've replaced the Lower Door Seal as well as the Door Gasket and shortly after replacing the seals it starts to leak again from the same location.

I replaced the Lower Door Seal a second time thinking maybe I did something wrong the first time. After replacing it, I tightened it as much as it would allow. I kept the front of the door off of the dishwasher and ran a cycle so I could see if water behind the seal where you access to the screws are. This first cycle there were a couple drops that formed but nothing significant. I wasn't sure if this is normal or not. Water appeared to come from the top screw holes when it did drip out.

Again, I wasn't sure if a little water was expected or not. I let the cycle finish then re-assembled the front panel of the door.

The next cycle I ran water appeared in the tray I had on the floor to catch any leaks. I used a snake camera to look up under the door to the lower seal screw area and it was filled with water and soap, like the lower seal wasn't preventing any water from getting behind it.

I'm at my whits end with this. The video to replace this part made it seem straight forward and easy. Installation was pretty easy but it's like the seal is shrinking after use.

The original lower seal didn't have anything between the plastic lower seal and the metal door.

This isn't that old of a dishwasher and I'd really prefer not to have to buy a new one. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong with this lower seal. Should there be some puddy, rubber or caulk between it and the door? Is it possible I have a lower seal (AP6022318) that is the wrong size? I ordered here based on recommendations for my dishwasher model.

Any insight would be helpful,
Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.