Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bivind  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 28, 2014 8:01:09 PM(UTC)
bivind

Groups: Registered

The blue indicator light on the left (x-low burner) side of the Thermador PCG304E/01 cooktop stays lit when the burners are turned off. Right side indicator works fine. All burners light as expected. I don't want to disconnect it since it would cause a safety issue. Where do I start looking to determine a cause?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Servicer  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:39:44 AM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

The problem's in one of the two switches that control the left side burners. The part is AP3782975, but you will not know if it's the left or right switch until it's opened up and checked.

Within this parts, there's a circuit that sends 120v to the light when the knob is turned. I've seen where there's a little voltage passing through the switch when it's turned off, which is why the light's dim.

KC
bivind  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:45:32 PM(UTC)
bivind

Thanks. I see that I can order them here. Best to order one and replace the one that's bad or just replace both while I'm in there? The right side never had an issue.
Servicer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 3:20:32 AM(UTC)
Servicer

Groups: Senior Expert

You probably only need one, but there's a slight chance that both have the issue. The problem is that you won't know until you have it taken apart. Because of that, it's not a bad idea to order two.

KC
bivind  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 9:59:04 AM(UTC)
bivind

I have two AP3782975 switches in hand for the x-low burners on a Thermador PCG304E/01 rangetop. I removed the star burners and stainless steel top but can't determine how to get to the switches behind the control knobs. It looks like everything inside is mostly a single piece for both sides/all burners, so would I have to remove the stainless steel front to get to them?

I don't see any way to get to the switches without removing the entire inside assembly unless there's an easier way.
bivind  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 7:00:16 PM(UTC)
bivind

Finally had some time to tackle this job. Was not easy to get to the switches. Since the insides are all fixed as one piece, I had to pull the unit so I could get access to all sides, then remove the burners and top, panels on both sides, and finally the front of the unit. Once the front was off, it was easy access to the parts. Replaced both since I'm not excited about doing this job again.
ChrisKl  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2018 8:29:47 PM(UTC)
ChrisKl

United States

My Thermador gas cooktop has been working great (probably about 5 yrs old). Today, the blue indicator that a burner is on suddenly turned on for the rear right burner - the burner was not on - we weren't using that burner. Can't get the blue light to go off. Doesn't seem like there is gas leaking. No clicking trying to light or anything. Just the blue light associated with the knob you turn to turn it on.

Tried unplugging and re-plugging in. Still blue light is one for that one burner.

Any ideas? Probably the switches discussed in the thread?

Edited by user Monday, November 5, 2018 8:32:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added comment about switches

moogie333  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2020 5:54:31 PM(UTC)
moogie333

United States

Did anyone figure out how to to get to the switches to replace part AP3782975 for the Thermador cooktop? I removed the star burners and stainless steel top but still can't access the switches to replace them. My light stays on even when I have it in the off position.

Thanks for any help!!!
mark  
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2022 11:38:48 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My Thermador has the far right burner light always on and the right front igniter is very difficult to turn off - the igniter pole is a tiny bit loose. 1. is the igniter pole replaceable, and 2. Are the two issues connected?
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2022 8:55:39 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
My Thermador has the far right burner light always on and the right front igniter is very difficult to turn off - the igniter pole is a tiny bit loose. 1. is the igniter pole replaceable, and 2. Are the two issues connected?

Mark, I have the same issue now. Did you figure it out?Ihy37dU5
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply