Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jidack  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 2:30:22 PM(UTC)
Jidack

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to replace the top oven vent (under the control panel) on a Frigidaire Gallery Oven (Model FEB398CEBC). I believe the part number is: PS441496. (It's #42 in the diagram - see URL below - but unclear as to how it comes out!)
There are two (2) screws, at the bottom of the vent, which affix to the "outer shell" or frame.
Then, (as I can see on the replacement vent) there is a bottom "fin" that slips into where there may be another three (3) screws, which affix the vent between the "outer shell" and the "inner shell"of the oven.
It may be that the black plastic frame - which extends the full height / width of both ovens - has to be completely removed, then the control panel removed, in order to get access, to the remaining three screws, to remove the old vent.
But, before I go taking apart the whole oven to get to them, I thought I'd see if anyone has some sage advice (e.g. - an easier way) on this.
It's an older oven (very difficult to get parts; many discontinued!), so "less-is-more", when it comes to tearing this thing down, and risking that other [brittle] plastic parts could break in the process.
Even a good diagram on *exactly* how the vent attaches between the control panel and the inner shell of the top oven would be helpful.
Thanks for any help or suggestions! :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.