Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oilspotnm  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 10:04:08 AM(UTC)
oilspotnm

Groups: Registered

My amana washer started making a grinding noise while washing (kinda like worn teeth on a plastic gear). The last washer I had had a three pronged breakaway union. I'm hoping this has a similar thing thats taken damage rather than loosing a transmission or something of the sorts.
I tried to find some more info on the washer. Breakaway diagrams so that I could start to figure how this thing works etc but for somereason I didn't get any results.

This started a few days ago. A few minutes ago I went to run the matching dryer, and now it buzzes and won't start.

I know gods real... because I hear him laugh every once in a while.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

oilspotnm  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 11:35:28 AM(UTC)
oilspotnm

Groups: Registered

I spent a bunch of time on the dryer this morning, and just took a few moments to look at the washer.

When I rotate the agitator I hear and feel the grinding noise. A lot like stripped plastic teeth. So I tip the washer on its side and turn the big pulley (underneath the washer) by hand. That's where the noise is coming from. So I pull off that large plastic pulley. Are the teeth supposed to be hooked? Like they're designed to catch one way, and slip the other?
If not it looks like a new pulley and the toothed piece that it engages into. I'm hoping thats not the bottom of the transmission and that It's just a removable gear.
My description of what I'm finding may not be using the right teromology etc. I'm hoping anybody that can help is following what I'm trying to say.

To say the least. I'm frustrated, and needing to back away before I start attempting repairs with fire etc. My dryer repair attempts seem to be pointing to a new motor. (see dryer forum for that)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply