Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Maico18  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:35:33 AM(UTC)
Maico18

Groups: Registered

Hi All,

First time posting. Pulling my hair out on this one.

I have been troubleshooting my dishwasher for months and replaced a couple of items: OWI sensor (performed diagnostic cycle after replacing it) and drain hose (check valve gone). Main problem was dirt and a film left on the dishes. Less of a problem with parts replaced but still not washing like it used to. Last night, ran a diagnostic cycle and then a Pots and Pans cycle with hi-temp and sani rinse with a Finish Cleanser only in the tub. This morning, the Clean LED was on but also the Sanitized LED was blinking. What I am more concerned with though is that I hear the wash pump (verified not to be the drain pump) running in the last half hour to 45 minutes of the cycle and then turns off when the cycle ends with Clean LED. The pump has been doing this since the beginning of my troubleshooting and I can't remember if it was that way when the dishwasher was running trouble free. Doesn't make sense because there is no water in the sump when it runs during this time. Between the pump running and the dishes not coming out as clean, I feel there is still a problem. Note that I have also timed a Normal cycle two days ago with the fill and drain times within spec. Cycle ran with 10 almost clean dishes for a full two hours which is excessive (should have been around 78 minutes, not 120!) per the diagnostic/troubleshooting sheet in the bottom panel. Further, it did a pre-wash, main wash and rinse and that's when the wash pump comes on with no water in the sump and just spins until the cycle ends with Clean LED on. Washing and Sensing LED's are on during the time the pump is on. Near end of cycle, the Sensing LED turns off.

Things I have done and conditions that haven't changed during the life of the dishwasher: water softener, hot water (I will check temperature tonight but never had problem with temperature and five people in the house), taken out both wash and drain pumps from sump, taken out sump, cleaned chopper and sump, pump impellers good and connected to pump shafts, removed control panel with no obvious signs of burned out components, cleaned vent, cleaned all spray arms (no dirt in ports), verified arms turn, water drains no problem, water gets very hot during hi-temp cycle, touching heating element during cycle is too hot to touch (resistance not checked).

I thought the control board might be bad but I can't determine that without replacing it and that is $250 later (I'm in Toronto, Canada area).

I am really hoping someone has an idea of what might be going on. All help is appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.