Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Malbane  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 11:49:25 AM(UTC)
Malbane

Groups: Registered

My whirlpool dryer has not been catching lint like it used to. I cleaned out the vent in the wall, the lint catcher, the chute, and the random places within the housing from the back. The lint screen looked warped so I bought another one. I'm still having the same issue and it looks like the filter is getting pushed in by the sides of the cute at the very bottom, causing a 1/4 inch gap at the bottom of the screen. I tried to get a good picture of it but the attached is the best I could get. How do I fix this?
Malbane attached the following image(s):
5jMs510h.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:30:50 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
You might have a build up of packed in lint in the guides on the side of the chute.

Whirlpool W11117429 Chute - AppliancePartsPros.com

Get a stiff piece of wire (coat hangar ) and try clearing out the guides. You may even have to take off the chute and clean it by hand.
Malbane  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2018 11:35:18 AM(UTC)
Malbane

Groups: Registered

Just in case anyone else has this problem in the future, the cause was a kink in the guide of the chute. Luckily it was up at the top of the chute when it starts to curve downwards and was easy to see.

It probably happened either when I took the chute out to clean it or when I put it back in. Mine takes a bit of force to get in and out so I probably jammed it against the drum.

Quick fix was to take a screwdriver and bend the kink back down, obviously long term the chute and chute seal will need to be replaced.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply