Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tclke  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2018 9:09:36 PM(UTC)
tclke

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me out. My dishwasher will fill and drain but will not wash. Water comes out but it seems to only be at the bottom. I checked the washer blades and the bottom one seems to move a bit but looks like little pressure. I took the bottom apart and cleaned everything out. When I took the filter cover off thats just under the washer blade, it was full of black "soot" looking stuff that had to be scrubbed of.

I am thinking its the motor that needs to be replaced but would appreciate some thoughts.

Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tclke  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2018 3:20:01 PM(UTC)
tclke

Just some more information to add. I took the motor out to inspect the impeller assembly and everything looks fine, no obvious failure. When I observe the motor while the wishwasher is working, it does spin. Am I looking at a motor replacement? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you
underground  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:33:29 AM(UTC)
underground

Originally Posted by: tclke Go to Quoted Post
Just some more information to add. I took the motor out to inspect the impeller assembly and everything looks fine, no obvious failure. When I observe the motor while the wishwasher is working, it does spin. Am I looking at a motor replacement? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

Have you found a solution to your dishwasher? I'm having the exact same issue. Looks like I get a lot of water being pumped into the washer arms but not enough to make them spin. They barely move and spin great when spun by hand.
tclke  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 3:38:56 PM(UTC)
tclke

So I bought a water circulation pump and it didnt fix my problem. After watching the cycle it appeared that some water was filling into the dishwasher but not enough. So I took a bucket and filled the tub and ran a rinse cycle and it washes like it should. So I am thinking now I have a faulty water inlet. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
tclke  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:03:54 PM(UTC)
tclke

Hi ohm,

Thanks for all of your input. So something interesting happened. I decided to take out the water inlet valve to take a look. When i disconnected the black hose that feeds water into the dishwasher, the water drained back out onto a paper towel and covered it with a black charcoal like substance. i have attached a photo.
tclke attached the following image(s):
image1.jpg
tclke  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2018 5:38:26 PM(UTC)
tclke

I took the black hose off and it looks like it may be deteriorating on the inside and i could keep flushing out the black charcoal substance from the house. i blew aw much out as i could and also cleaned the valve and the part inside the dishwasher that the water comes out of but still looks like im not getting enough water. how likely is it that the inlet assembly is faulty? im leaning towards the inlet valve
tclke  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2018 2:51:54 PM(UTC)
tclke

Just an update. I fixed my dishwasher, the water inlet valve was faulty, the black in the dishwasher is a different issue. I need to get the hose replaced.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply