Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
travelergirl2001  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 8:19:39 PM(UTC)
travelergirl2001

Groups: Registered

Hello, last week my Frigidaire GLGQ2152ES3 (electrolux) gas dryer stopped working. Early in the drying cycle it shut off and wouldn't restart. FOund the tech sheet on the web and ran through the sequence to get an error code (e21?--nothing on the internet re this code). Also did the function test sequence and in that process, the dryer seemed to reset itself and i was able to dry that load. Next night, thinking maybe my dryer wasn't broken, i ran another load and, when the dryer wouldn't start, i did the hocus-pocus button pushing for the function test sequence, and lo and behold, was able to dry that load. A few days later, tried a third time--was not the charm, and was unable to get the dryer to start. Not finding enough info online to do much troubleshooting myself (unlike when i troubleshot and fixed my washer a couple years ago), i decided to call a repair service. Guy came out and didn't really know what was wrong, but thought probably the control board. He checked a few more things, pulling the drum out, etc. He put the dryer MOSTLY back together, but left the top off etc so that he could more easily put in the control board when I received it (I ordered it). in the process of putting the machine back together, he said he couldn't find 2 screws, but no biggie, they are just screws. i've now come across the missing screws--there are 3 actually, 2 metal ones and one plasticky one that he had pointed out that it was a good thing none of those were missing because those are NOT easily replaced by regular screws. In addition to the screws I found a plastic piece that I cannot identify. It;s white plastic about 1.5in by 1.5 in but not round or square. it has a vaguely grand piano shape--super hard to describe. would love to upload a pic of it--is there a way to do that? In any case, would LOVE to know what this is and how critical it is it to the machine--since he apparently was going to close the machine up without it. Can anyone help? I;ve looked at the parts diagrams available online, but not seeing anything like this, nor on any of the parts stores sites. Thanks in advance, and if you have any advice more generally re my e21 code or problem, would love to hear. Thanks in advance.
travelergirl2001 attached the following image(s):
IMG_4152 (1).JPG
IMG_4153 (1).JPG
IMG_4155 (1).JPG
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

thorning  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 1:52:47 PM(UTC)
thorning

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: travelergirl2001 Go to Quoted Post
Hello, last week my Frigidaire GLGQ2152ES3 (electrolux) gas dryer stopped working. Early in the drying cycle it shut off and wouldn't restart. FOund the tech sheet on the web and ran through the sequence to get an error code (e21?--nothing on the internet re this code). Also did the function test sequence and in that process, the dryer seemed to reset itself and i was able to dry that load. Next night, thinking maybe my dryer wasn't broken, i ran another load and, when the dryer wouldn't start, i did the hocus-pocus button pushing for the function test sequence, and lo and behold, was able to dry that load. A few days later, tried a third time--was not the charm, and was unable to get the dryer to start. Not finding enough info online to do much troubleshooting myself (unlike when i troubleshot and fixed my washer a couple years ago), i decided to call a repair service. Guy came out and didn't really know what was wrong, but thought probably the control board. He checked a few more things, pulling the drum out, etc. He put the dryer MOSTLY back together, but left the top off etc so that he could more easily put in the control board when I received it (I ordered it). in the process of putting the machine back together, he said he couldn't find 2 screws, but no biggie, they are just screws. i've now come across the missing screws--there are 3 actually, 2 metal ones and one plasticky one that he had pointed out that it was a good thing none of those were missing because those are NOT easily replaced by regular screws. In addition to the screws I found a plastic piece that I cannot identify. It;s white plastic about 1.5in by 1.5 in but not round or square. it has a vaguely grand piano shape--super hard to describe. would love to upload a pic of it--is there a way to do that? In any case, would LOVE to know what this is and how critical it is it to the machine--since he apparently was going to close the machine up without it. Can anyone help? I;ve looked at the parts diagrams available online, but not seeing anything like this, nor on any of the parts stores sites. Thanks in advance, and if you have any advice more generally re my e21 code or problem, would love to hear. Thanks in advance.

The plastic part is used to support the front of the drum . It is held in place with a screw on the top front of the bulkhead. I could not find it on the parts listing either.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply