Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CarolynE  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 5:40:23 AM(UTC)
CarolynE

Groups: Registered

2 oven lights out in rear of oven. I can not twist the globes off to access lights. I am hoping that I don't have to deal with the entire light assembly.

Is there some special way to remove light globes (glass covers) to access light bulbs for replacement? (or maybe they are just stuck?):confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2018 3:12:24 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I had the same problem once. It was a Maytag range and I could not remove that light lens. So after many tries I ended up wrapping the lens in a couple off layers of electrical tape (in case it broke and for padding) then turning it with a pair of adjustable pliers.

It came off and didn't break. I replaced the light bulb and after washing and dying the lens, I put it back together.

I hope this will help you. Don't forget to shut the power off or pull the plug before changing the bulbs.

If you should need a new lens, I found a place that has some. Part number 4452165

https://www.appliancedepot.com/w...range-light-lens-4452165
CarolynE  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:03:45 AM(UTC)
CarolynE

Groups: Registered

thanks for the guidance. I will follow up after I psych myself up to attempt this project. It will likely take me months! (I just replace high limit thermal fuse and thermostat from the holidays). I just didn't want to try to twist off if there was really some other way. After 10 years of grime they are probably cemented on there.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply