Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jfaxman@icloud.com  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 1:00:03 PM(UTC)
Jfaxman@icloud.com

Groups: Registered

My wall heater keeps shutting off this year. It seems to reset fine with push of reset button in top. Most of the time the pilot is still lit but not always. I think this is due to extreme wind off the great lake I am on. I vent straight up thought the roof. One heating guy thinks it is due to 2nd floor (added this past summer w/in 4-5 feet of vent which does not clear top of it but used to) causing a issue with wind backflow. Another heating guys says no it likely needs a new fan and it is intermittent that is why fan runs fine when opened and push reset button. Wind seems more likely to me which means extending pipe past new build OR in pipe vent (better as will look odd going that tall). Other heating guy says he has installed these and usually they vent through the wall not roof so wind it NOT likely issue, as designed to be out a wall. I think the original was not vented through wall as it was towards water near stairs and into wind. But he wants to order me a new fan. HELP any ideas.
How would I know.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mikey85  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:20:25 PM(UTC)
mikey85

Wall heater are must be kept under observation with knowing your temps, environment. Otherwise they will be malfunctioned.
seattlepioneer  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 12:28:42 PM(UTC)
seattlepioneer

<<Most of the time the pilot is still lit but not always.>>

Post the make and model of the gas valve, which will be imprinted on the gas valve.

A pilot outage is likely due to a dirty pilot burner ---the pilot orifice should be disassembled and cleaned along with the pilot burner itself. The pilot flame should look like a small blue blowtorch and should engulf the thermocouple.

The burner is likely not turning on because the thermostat isn't turning it on or the gas valve isn't switching on properly. Do you have an electrical thermostat to operate the wall furnace?

Post the make and model of the gas valve, which will be imprinted on the gas valve.

Describe any pattern to this failure of the burner to turn on, and anything you do which then causes it to light.

You might try hitting the side of the gas valve with the handle end of a table knife to see if that jogs it into opening. Don't Pound on it!
seattlepioneer  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 12:29:41 PM(UTC)
seattlepioneer

<<Most of the time the pilot is still lit but not always.>>

A pilot outage is likely due to a dirty pilot burner ---the pilot orifice should be disassembled and cleaned along with the pilot burner itself. The pilot flame should look like a small blue blowtorch and should engulf the thermocouple.

The burner is likely not turning on because the thermostat isn't turning it on or the gas valve isn't switching on properly. Do you have an electrical thermostat to operate the wall furnace?

Describe any pattern to this failure of the burner to turn on, and anything you do which then causes it to light.

You might try hitting the side of the gas valve with the handle end of a table knife to see if that jogs it into opening. Don't Pound on it!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply